Cookies are textual information sent by a website to the browser. The browser then chooses to store this information in small text files on your computer or mobile phone.
This information can be used by websites to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Some cookies are stored longer than others - session-based cookies are deleted after inactivity for a period of time or when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies with names prefixed by '__utm' – Stores information used by Google Analytics to track user activity on the site.
- PHPSESSID – Used to identify a specific user session on the website. Expires at the end of the session.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- Google Plus
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.